Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 4, May 24, 2007

Today we got into some actual testing modules. The students completed a listening and a reading practice test. They followed the techniques we have been working on and consequently performed very well.

Their paragraph writing abilities have all increased a great deal and we will soon move onto writing longer passages at a faster pace.

Today we covered:
Writing:
a. Two separate paragraphs focusing on topic sentences, supporting sentences, signal words, irrelevancies

Reading:
a. Details
1. Summary completion
2. Opinions: Y/N/NG
3. 2 Complete practice tests
Listening
a. 2 Complete practice tests

The schedule for next week’s presentations is as follows:
Mon: Dani, Pulung, Safril
Tues: Frederick, Dwi, Major Agus
Wed: Harto, Captain Agus, Wisnu
Thurs: Fajar, Edi, Yose

The presentations will take place in the multi-media room at 14.00 each day.

Homework:
a. Speaking, 20 minutes each
b. Writing, 2 paragraphs, giving two sides
c. Prepare for next week’s presentation

2 comments:

victor said...

Dear guys....how's you going? Hope you're all fine and not stress (not yet???////????).
My name is Major Victor George (please ask Andy that I'm one of the example of former SIAP's student who started from "hopeless" to became "luckyness?" (as refer to Col. Heri-Pusbahasa).
I'm studying Master of Peace and Conflict Studies in Sydney University...it sounds interesting???ask me pls.
This blogs just remind my last year "torture" sorry, I mean struggle...just kidding. Really, you guys are gonna having during the process(as you can deliver many jokes, as Andy...he enjoyed). Anyway, I'm "begadang" at the moment 'cause in action for "kejar tayang".
Trust me, come to the SIAP is the great challenge and very usefull as well wonderful experiance. So, success to you all.

Cheers and Peace,

Mjr. Victor

To Mr. Green: remember me? nice to meet you again, and thanks for your lectures behind (you know I'm very suprised that 2 days ago I got High Distintion for presentation and Distinction for essay 'cause your SIAP. So, enjoy your new "funny stories".

Andrew Greene said...

Hi VG,

Of course I remember you. Thank you for offering to help the new students.

I am happy to read that you are succeeding in Australia.

If you have time, check out my personal blog at http://writerinjakarta.blogspot.com.

Cheers,

AG